Forums Events Restaurants Articles Farms Caterers Subscribe! My Account

North Carolina BBQ Forums Q&A

Got Questions? We've got Answers!
Welcome to North Carolina BBQ Forums QA Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Why are there time gaps in the posts? - The forums were taken offline in ~2013 and were (finally) restored in 2023. Feel free to start a new thread or reply to an existing one.

Henry James Bar-B-Que in Ashebor NC

Last post 06-07-2013, 3:17 PM by Another_Q_Lover. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  06-04-2013, 5:33 PM 512

Henry James Bar-B-Que in Ashebor NC

Want some good old fashioned Carolina BBQ? Then this is the place you need to come! Best bbq and hushpuppies in the south! the sauces are vinegar based except for the bbq chicken on Fridays which is smothered in a tomato based sauce.
    It's also family owned which gives this place a homestyle welcome home kind of feeling.
    The restaurant itself was opened by Jimmy back in 77 and is now run by his daughter and grandson!
    If your goin through Asheboro you need to stop here
  •  06-07-2013, 3:17 PM 515 in reply to 512

Re: Henry James Bar-B-Que in Ashebor NC

I'm glad to see that someone else is actually posting a Q-joint review on here. I've been about the only poster for years!

I sure hope the Henry James in Asheboro is better than the Henry James in High Point, as I truly didn't think it very good! The pork was consistent in being inconsistent! Some was dry and chewy and some was moist and mushy. All had heavy smoke flavor with hardly any sauce taste at all.
    PLEASE tell me they aren't related!!!
    Tom (aka "Another_Q_Lover" & "BBQ.TOM")
    CMJ w/ KCBS
    CBJ w/ MBN, NCPC, NCBS, & NCBBQA
    OBJ w/ BBQ Critic.com
    CTC w/ KCBS
    Pitmaster and Chef - 4 Lil' Pigs Competition Barbecue Team
    Author of "A 'Q' Review"
View as RSS news feed in XML